Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bridal Fair Chronicles: Weddings and Debut Fair 2011 Day 2

Almost a week after the recent bridal fair. Quite a number of accomplishment, I might say. We had a number of things lined up last weekend, starting with Kiko's grade school friends' reunion, the Bagunu-Alcala matriarch in the hospital, and the bridal fair in Megamall. These, I guess, are all a breather for me. 

Anyway, since we woke up late on Saturday, we got in Megamall at around noon time, so we decided to have lunch for before we go the fair. After our buffet at Cabalen, we went up to the Megatrade Hall to register. All Megatrade gates were open for registration and entrance to the event. From the registration booth, I could hear Leggiero playing from the Hall 2; and they never fail. ☺ I finally got my tickets, and just waited for Kiko at the gates.


There were a lot of people walking around, in the aisles, and inquiring by suppliers' booths. I think the fair was successful, in terms of number of attendees, but traffic was really heavy. This is where the penguin-walk came in handy ☺. Our agenda: find our florist, make-up, and couturier.

Photo from GlamWorks site
I saw Amor of Joel Miguel's team. Just dropped by their booth, introduced the other Guin, and asked for their rate. I had my first ever trial make up with Lito, from their team (read about my post about it here).

Then, I went to Promo Booth #2 to get my Bride's Tally Form for the fair's promo. It was when we found Glamworks booth on our way to the other hall. They were the first flower booth we saw, along with jewelry, HMUA, and event coordinators. They handed us their flyer and I saw that their package starts at 10K. I asked if there is any chance of adjusting the price since I wont be having the usual big, fat bouquets most brides dream about. When I told her what I wanted, she quoted 8K. When Kiko heard this, he immediately kept the flyer safe. We thought that it's already a good deal, with the flowers included in the original package (stargazers, calla lillies for the bridal bouquet, gerbera and roses for the entourage, etc), they are even more affordable than Mang Boy of Dangwa. We still wanted to check on other suppliers, just in case there are other good deals around, but they are definitely on our shortlist.

While walking around, Kiko had decided to book Glamworks. So, he went down to the ATM, while I stayed in the fair, and thought of having another trial make-up. Just in time we were right in front of Danny Capistrano's booth. At that time, they were offering 30% off for on-site booking, so I took a seat, and have a trial make-up while the other Guin gets our down payment.

I told Jonas, one of the DC's team, about Cosa Nostra and the look I have in mind, then started doing his magic. It was nice to know that he took some time to study my features to know what to do (well, it seemed like that). It was relatively fast, considering that he did a full make-up. What I like about the session was, he handed me the lash curler when he saw me squinting when he was curling my lashes. My eyes easily dry out, that's why I can't stand it when my eyes are kept open for a long time. He let me curl my lashes, then he just did some retouches after. He also explained how the colors work on my face and their effects. Kiko got back just right before we were done with our MU session, and took these pics:

right after the MU session

 One thing I didn't like it though, my face somehow reacted to the make-up, and went reddish-dark later that day (they say I'm acidic, that's why). It was also obvious that I was wearing make-up, which I was trying to avoid. I just wanted that natural-look and feel. My eyes were teary most of the time, because it felt like the mascara was drying out my eyes. I don't really know if it was really the mascara, or my lashes were just curled too much.
with regular house lights

After the MU session, we went back to Glamworks' booth and booked them as our florist. I was able to talk to Karen, the owner, and the designer who will make my bouquet. She showed me some of her sample works and told her about my specs. Here's what included in our package:
With Karen of GlamWorks at the Congress taken on Day 3
  • bridal bouquet (sunflowers and calla lillies
  • 2 bouquets for the moms (gerbera and roses)
  • 1 bouquet for the MOH (gerbera and roses)
  • 5 balls for the ento (gerbera and roses)
  • 4 bouquets for the FPSs
  • boutonnieres for the male ento and MPSs
  • 2 baskets/balls for FGs 
  • flowers for the bridal car
  • throwing bouquet 
  • loose petals for recession


Right after we made our reservation, Danica, one of my TPR brides, texted me that she's waiting outside the hall to give me the papers for her missalettes for stamping. Then, we went off to our GT EB. Part two, coming soon.

c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment