Friday, March 11, 2011

Bridal Fair Chronicles: Weddings and Debut Fair 2011 Day 3

We weren't able to visit all the stalls on Saturday, so we went back to the Weddings and Debut Fair in Megamall the next day. It was the last day of the fair, and we have a few more suppliers to look for. Kiko has decided to consider Ms Ven Ocampo to do our gowns. So now, on with our HMUA (Hair and Make Up Artist - for those new to the lingo) and wedding rings hunt. But first, we went to the secretariat's booth to get our raffle ticket from the on-site booking we made the day before.

I think there were more people this time, since it's a Sunday, and it's the fair's last day. We went around, and back to Glamworks' booth to have a quickie photo op with Karen for the blog. There were a lot of jewelers in the fair. A run-down of the booths we visited were Goldenhills, Orocher, and Matus. I leave the decision to the Other Guin when it comes to our bands, since I really dont know much about jewelry.

I also had a trial make-up with Imelyn Ecolin-Sanchez. Well, it was an incidental session, since I was just roaming around trying to get my Bride's Tally Form stamped by different suppliers. Since Kiko went down for a few minutes, I thought it would be better if I stay in one place while waiting for him. So there was I. I asked Imelyn about her packages. She gave me a flyer, then she offered a free trial make-up. She used Clinique, Mac, Smashbox, and I think a Nars color palette on me. One thing that was new to me was, she used a brush to apply Mac Liquid Foundation on me, instead of the traditional sponge or fingers.

i didn't know my nose is that big... I could pass for a character in Astroboy...

Honestly, I find my make-up a little pale for my taste, or it just didn't register well on cam, or maybe because it was just phone camera. Well, I leave that to you, my friends. As far as I'm concerned, maybe not. My face was a little itchy when when we were about to go home, that is, 2 hours after the session. I never knew that my face would be this sensitive, and finding an HMUA would be hard, plus I can't book and an HMUA without having a trial session.

There's gonna be another bridal fair at SMX tomorrow... and we will be there; and perhaps, would get another trial make-up session. Most of all, I hope we find another supplier there, or better yet, book at least one. We'll get there somehow. 

c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment