Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Penguins + Ice = Antartica = white and blue

Time flies so fast, and now it's already December: 17 days to go before Christmas. The cold breeze from the North is already here, and admit it: it's harder to get up in the morning. The Penguins are now starting prep seriously, with more or less 365 days to go.
I was browsing the net, as usual, last Tuesday when I came across this blog site with really nice ideas. I was looking for some things I would put into our inspiration board, or something that can give me an idea on how the venue would be dressed. Di suggested I check out Preston Bailey (side story: we actually forgot what his name was; then we searched for Grey's Anatomy in Wikipedia, since Di said the name is somehow a combination of two characters in the medical drama. didn't have a clue who they were, but that's a cool reminder. :p ) when I was led by our ever-trusted Google to some images that caught my attention. Then I thought, why not include blue in our color palette? Yeah, that would make sense (by the way, we did find Preston Bailey's work, and those are really fab!)... 

Penguins + Ice = Antarctica = white and blue. 

I looked into the images and followed the links they came from. Then, I saw this really nice cake design. Not really my type of cake, or something that would fit into our theme, but could work with some  adjustments. Winter Wedding Cakes is a collection of cake designs suggested by DessertLover, the author of the article in the blog. The cool thing about the entry is, the author gave the links were the images were from (or probably the designers of the cakes). 

Pics courtesy of HereComesTheBlog.com

Here are what I plan to do with them *putting on the thinking cap* (pictures going from top, beginning from left to right):
  1. Very nice winter wedding cake, but no snowflakes on the side. Maybe penguin fondant, just plain with glaciers on the next level, then aurora australis in place of the blue air brush. Mafia penguin topper instead of calla lilies
  2. Too whimsical for me... perhaps that would work without the stars around it, then black and yellow accents instead of blue
  3. Hmm... this is also nice. simple and earthy. Just a pair of mafia penguin on top would do. 
  4. Hmm... cup tower... I think this is okay
  5. This looks more like a Christmas winter for me. We can change it into ammo boxes or replace the red box in the base with a black one.
  6. Nah... too cornered for my taste. Kiko might like it though. This reminds me of Mayan pyramids. :)
  7. Classic black winter, nice, but less on the silver accent... or maybe none of it. 
  8. Gift boxes again? Ammo crates with mafia penguins on top or beside them. Definitely no ribbons.
  9. Okay, I've had it... no more square tower cakes and ribbons. 
Am surely gonna go back to that site (actually bookmarking it). Who knows, I might get something useful, or better yet, become part of the team. :)

c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment