Sunday, December 12, 2010

In Search of an Ideal Wedsite

It will be almost a year now until the date. We have somehow made inquiries to some suppliers, have attended some bridal fairs, and made some research on what we need. Let's just say that everything is still on the drawing board (and notepad).

Honestly, I don't know what wedding websites are for, but I have read brides-to-be in most threads in online wedding fora sharing (and sometimes bragging about :p) their websites "under construction" or going live. I also remember browsing Kiko's bro's wedsite, stumbling upon my friend Popsie's "secret" wedsite, and checking my brides' wedsites where they post stuff about their wedding. It was then I realised that wedsites are not really a fad, like getting photobooths, but maybe something that can help guests know more about the wedding.

I went on and asked our best friend Google about these sites. I learned that like regular sites, there are those which are paid and those that are free. Paid wedsites come in different packages, such as 2 months before the wedding, 6 months before, and a year before. If they are deactivated after the wedding, I'm not really sure. If I can get something for free, of course, I wouldn't mind (besides, why would I need to pay, if I can get the same thing for free, am not that choosy anyway :p). I typed in "free wedding websites" on the search bar. When the results came up, these were the most popular ones:
Didn't really have time to click on all these link now, so I typed in "top free wedding websites", and these are what I got so far:

From About.com 

Best Free Wedding Website Providers
By , About.com Guide
  • Ewedding.com The 24 page designs on this site are basic but attractive. But what really makes this site better than the other free providers are the many customizable pages such as quizzes, polls, guest list, wish list, and even a way to recommend your favorite vendors.
  • The Knot
    One of the first to provide free wedding websites, the Knot has recently upgraded their options to include 20+ modern and clean designs, and greater ability to customize. They also offer coordinating save-the-date emails and, since the Knot seems to never miss an opportunity to sell, coordinating favors, napkins, and other products.
  • Wedding Channel
    The designs here are pretty basic, but easy to use. The best part is that the Wedding Channel will make a donation to your favorite charity whenever guests use a link from their registry page to buy you wedding gifts. Getting a gift is even sweeter when you get to do good at the same time.
I had made an account in mywedding.com a few months ago because my high school friend used it for her wedsite, and it required me to make an account to access her wedsite. I wanted to check all of them, so maybe first review would be mywedding.com on my next post under this tag.
c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment