Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DIY | Christmas Gift Tags Part 1

3 days before Christmas, and I am still not yet done wrapping my Christmas presents. Last night, when I brought Kiko's gift home and placed it under our cutesy tree, I realised that I already have a number of presents ready; one thing missing though: Which one's for whom? No tags. Then I remember myself looking for gift tags in SM Department store, but didn't find any. There were lots, but none caught my attention.

You see, ladies and gentlemen, I'm not really fond of writing my name on tags, if not to impose ownership. So unless I want to tag it mine, you can't expect me to put my name on it. Going back, I was looking for some gift tags that have penguins, but didn't find any. I know it is hard to find those, except for those matching tags Hallmark has for their penguin-themed wrappers (good thing they have 2 designs now; last year, they only have one. Penguins will soon be all over the wrappers, bwahahahaha). So, since I started giving out presents in 2008, I always had Kiko draw our tags. This year, he's got a full plate, so I don't think he could squeeze my tags...

I thought, I don't have any choice but to make it myself. Well, am not really new to this. When I was a kid, I used to make my own cards I would give to my Dad, Mom, the rest of the household, and my friends. Well, I didn't have much for an allowance back then, (Dad was a little stingy when it comes to allowance... According to him, little Guina doesn't really need it: got my lunch box full, he brings me to school, and someone would fetch me after school), so didn't really have much to save to buy peeps something on occasions such as birthdays, Valentine's, and Christmas. So, I would raid my Dad's supplies cabinet for paper, magazines under the center table for pictures, bring my "arts envelope" (you know, that plastic envelope where you keep your scissors, pencils, crayons, art papers, paste, etc. in school), and start working as early as Halloween. I'm really bad in drawing things, so I'll just the crafty Guin do the trick. It has always been like that.


It's a good thing I had already submitted my script due this week, and we don't have much to do anymore. I started to look for images online that I can use. Since our printer isn't colored, I needed something that would look good in plain black and white (or at least grayscale). I found three images that I can't let go of... so I used them all :) :


Since I cannot put captions on all of them, and it is a must to give due credit (sorry about the size... tried putting them all together in Photoshop): (1) a coloring page from CraftsandColoringPages.com ; and borrowed a card design from (2) dms-creative.com and (3) Artworks
I dont have photoshop in my PC in the office, so I just made do with MS Word. I never imagined I can manipulate images in MS Word, but I did. More of that on my next post... Bell is ringing now, and I need to run. Will definitely continue when I get home. c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment