Monday, December 27, 2010

DIY | Christmas Gift Tags Part 2

I am extremely sorry about last time. I really needed to go last Wednesday, then wasn't able to get back online until after Christmas. Of course, FB once in a while, but didn't have enough time to write something.

Anyway, am back, and now, on with the show:

I wish I could have gotten these screen-shot when I was making them in MS Word, but I was on a roll then (plus I forgot to do so) Please forgive the pictures, handy mobile phone camera was trying to hide from the CCTV cam :p. 
Put some space allowance between each image for trimming
  1. Since I didn't have Photoshop, and I dont have a colored printer available, I just changed the picture color to grayscale in MS Word. Insert the image to the document, then change the color. You can do that by clicking on the image, then click on the Color icon, then select Grayscale. You can also do that by clicking on Format. Since I have three images, I did this three times.
  2. I made a rectangle border for the card with the shape tool. I changed the line pattern by changing the line color with a pattern, which you can find when you select "Patterned Lines" when you change the color. 
  3. For the "Two Holiday Penguins," I copied the image and pasted it on the same frame, but resized the second one. It was originally squared with white background, so I sent the smaller image to the back. Just be careful not to cut the penguin's wing. For the "Icy Penguins", I hid the snowballs in the background by drawing circles to cover each snowball. It was kinda hard to find the right gray tone to match the background color, though. (and this is when I was calling "where, oh where art thou, Photoshop.")
  4. After everything has been layed-out... on with the printing. I rushed to Bestsellers just two floors down... the beauty of having an office right above a mall. 
  5. Cut them to size. 
  6. Trim the sides of the of each card with some centimeters away from the border.
 

I also got to practice my calligraphy, and wrote the greetings myself. It's a shame though, I forgot to stick some of them to the kids' gifts when we gave them out.


I still got some more DIYs during the holidays, but I'm sure I can find time to post them. They don't just work on holidays, anyway. We surely can find use for them anytime of the year. 'Til next time... Merry Christmas, everyone. c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment