Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Operation: Get-Away Car | Selections

I really wish I could have something like this
This will be really quick. Since we had that mishap about the Get-Away car, and that partner turned us down, the Guins have been searching for a local associate who can supply the vehicle. We have communicated with local car rentals, asked about their business, and negotiated if we can close the deal. 

One thing I learned from talking to these car rentals: You'll never have an assurance you'll get the car you want if you talk to them months before you need it. Contrary to my industry's practices, where everything has to be booked the earliest time possible, for car rentals, the earliest is a month or a week before actual use. 0_o

The criteria: "it has to be big, tough, stylish, and black. Think Cosa Nostra, people... That is what we want." We're not going back to the 20's this time, so we're staying away from the vintage. We need something that will bring us to the Speakeasy club after the ceremony fast.

I have short-listed about four associates, and they had given quite nice deals. Since some of these associates don't have the one I was looking for, I asked for Option 2: the one that the "partner" turned me down (and yes, I am sooo gonna repeat that: he turned me down!) Two said I need to call back at least a month before as they are not yet sure if I can get the vehicle by then. The other suggested that I can use another vehicle instead, that has the same feel... 

Option 1: "The King Pin"

Now, my friends, I present the options to you... which is the best get-away car... err... vehicle for Cosa Nostra? Let me just make myself clear: If I were to choose, definitely Chrysler, but the associate is a bit "sharky".

Option 2: "Hunky Muscle Boy"

Option 3: The Camper PSG

Place your votes, peeps... 

c",)


4 comments: