Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Operation Dress Up | Rei and his tape

The Other Guin: Photo by Vino
There had been some progress in one of Cosa Notra's mini operations. Last Saturday, we went to Rei's Shopartment in Mandaluyong for our initial detailing and measurements. It's MOH aka JV's first time to meet Rei [good thing she doesn't have anything better to do nowadays. :) ] We also brought my grade school classmate cum photographer friend Marvin along so that he can meet Rei for his gallery project.



Honestly, it was a bit exciting, because this is the first-ever progress among all operations (excluding  the DIYs) after our e-session shoot was postponed last May (thank you very, Chedeng1 X( ). I had sent some pegs to Rei days before so that he can study them, but JV also showed some pegs for her gown. It was nice to see that they got along easily (well, Rei isn't really hard to get along with). He made some sketches right then and there (and it was so stupid of me not to take pictures - was too busy listening :-$ ) After the sketches, I also asked Rei if we can make some minor revisions on the first design he sent, which he gladly did. He then took his notebook and took our measurements.

Luv your lenses, Vin | Photo © Vino

The Other Guin also had his measurements taken, and even fit some two of Rei's suits. Well, at least he got to show Rei what cut he wanted for his suit.

Yabang! | Photo © Vino

Seryoso? | Photo © Vino

Photo © Vino

Rei was also generous to show me one of the dresses he would lend me for our e-session. He even asked me to fit it (I guess he wanted to make sure that it fits my size, or he would need to look for something else :P ). It was a bit big for me, but it was really nice... I think I can still fit into something smaller than that. It was Lycra anyway. ;;)
I should've taken my pants off  | Photo © Vino

Towards the end of our visit, we left Marvin with Rei for a while so that they can talk about Marvin's gallery project (which I'm glad to be the casting director :) ) and Rei's shoot for his 2011 collection. Ohhh yes, this is becoming sooo exciting.

Me and MOH aka JV | Photo © Vino
Again, for now, it's time to hit the gym. Who knows, I might still shed some inches off for that stappy dress 8-> .

c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment