Monday, June 13, 2011

On Wedding Registry

Napped from Today'sBride
Just yesterday, when we got home from Megamall to pay Matus this month's installment, the Other Guin asked me if we are will sign up for a bridal registry, just as we were watching an episode of Friends. I said, of course. I don't think having two gas ranges, 3 electric fans and a lot of chinas would be a good idea. Plus, we already have a few things in the kitchen, and we might not be moving out anytime soon after the Cosa Nostra. Not to mention those we need (and want) are not typically thought of as gifts (such as linens, like lots of bed sheets, pillow cases, baking pans, etc), so having a wish list would definitely help. 


Then, this morning, I saw an article on Yahoo about wedding registries. I guess, it's really the marry month in the West (well, there have been a number of articles on Yahoo about wedding... so I guess it really is). I agree with the fact the most grooms-to-be are now more involved during the preps, and are more of the "housekeeper" [case in point, the Other Guin]. The Other Guin cooks (not that I dont know how to cook, but he is a better cook than I am), cleans our room, does the laundry and other housekeeping stuff , and stays home more than I do. So, I think it is just right that the boys get to put more on the list, as they know more (that I must admit. I can just ask for the things I like). Here's the Yahoo article, in case you'd like to read more on making a bridal wish list.

When I was looking for an image for this post, I stumbled upon another useful article from Today's Bride on bridal registry. Now, this is one proof that asking for cash gifts is what most couples now do, that some shops and sites who offer bridal registries have come up with a "cash registry" part of their services. I guess most (if not every) couple would prefer to receive cash gifts than wrapped ones, since these are more practical. Honestly, if it's not too blatant, and tacky to ask, I would really appreciate cash loots than crates... I say these are more useful. 

Thinking about all these, I dont think that it is a must to register a list, or get that cash registry, nor pressure myself (as a guest) to bring something for the couple from their registry. However, a present for the newlyweds is something we can say an "unspoken" etiquette when attending a wedding. In my honest opinion, I dont mind if my guests come without something for us. What is important is the people we wanted to be there to share the moment with us are there to celebrate with us. But, by all means, who are we to refuse the cash you give for the Cosa Nostra... cold, hard cash in green loot bags will be happily accepted ☺.

c",)


No comments:

Post a Comment