Friday, February 11, 2011

6 Tips for Choosing Your Wedding Date

Image courtesy of GettyImages.com
I, personally, am in a dilemma, whether to change the date, or keep looking for venue fee on our original date. I have been frustrated since I learned two weeks ago the venue we were looking at has already been booked. Darn it. We were eyeing on Pergola, but we knew that they are no longer available on our date as early as last year. But FHL... why have you turned me down?

Oh well, I dunno. Maybe FHL wasn't really for us. Or the date is not for us? I then remembered this article I stumbled upon in FemaleNetwork and BridalBook.ph, which I think is useful, especially those who are still trying to make up their mind.
 

The article lists the following things that we need to consider when choosing our dates:
  1. Type/Theme of wedding
  2. Budget
  3. Church Calendar
  4. Availability of venue and non-negotiable suppliers
  5. Superstitions and traditions
  6. Special dates
 Well, we did go through all six when deciding our date, but now that the issue of not being able to find a venue available on our date, we'll have to think again, and decide whether to move the date to accommodate the venue's availability, or stick to our original date because it is a special date. Too bad, the article didn't really say anything about which factor weighs heavier; I guess it's for us to find that out.

c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment