Thursday, January 27, 2011

In Search of an Ideal Wedsite: What's an Ideal Wedsite?

Kiko's bro, Earl, and Debbie's wedsite,
19 Dec 2007 weddingannouncer.com


In my last related post, I mentioned that I'm looking for an ideal wedsite for web dev-and-html-and-css birdbrains like me. I had my share of playing with free website providers online, like webs.com. I'm not sure, but I think, blogsites are also similar to websites, since these are like blank canvasses, only with some limitations compared to websites. The truth is, I understand how websites work, like how to customise a site, given that the site has templates to choose from, and has options where you simply click on what you want to change and what to change it with. Then again, getting a personal website for weddings alone, can be something useful.

I first knew about wedsites when FBIL Earl married his then-long time-girl friend Debbie on 19 December 2007. They are both based in the US, so I thought it was just a popular thing to do there. I also thought that it's a good idea; saves time in telling everyone where the venue is, giving them maps to the church and reception, yada yada...

With so many website options available, I think in my search, these are what I would be looking for to say that they are ideal:
  • Easy to play with. Html-idiots like me need all the help we can get to develop a website, especially for something very special. There should be lot (and I mean LOTS) of templates to choose from, or at least an easy tutorial on how to make personalised templates. In my case, I would need something that can match our theme: mafia... so anything that's dark, 1920-ish, mafia, or Roaring 20-ish would suffice.
  • Wide color selection. Well, everyone wants colors. And sometimes, color combinations can be absurd, simply in a different shade. So having a flexible palette in the templates and site manager would be very helpful.
  • Easy to maintain. Of course, with all the sweat and tears in developing the initial content of the wedsite, maintaining it should be a breeze.
  • Loading and uploading speed. I have heard in some fora that there are sites that take years to upload pictures or even for a page to load up. I think we are all in the same wave length wedsites will surely be loaded with pictures, from preps down to honeymoon. Worse is, pics are uploaded, but messed up. Getting pictures and vids up should be as easy as (or easier than) Facebook's photo upload system.
  • Easy to personalise. The bottomline of a wedsite is to have a personal website about someone's wedding. This means that the wedsite should  reflect the personality of the couple as much as possible. In other words, it's all about the couple. Therefore, it should have a lot of options to add gadgets, widgets, fonts, images, or what have you to personalise. Besides, we always wanted to be unique, must I say more?
There. I think that's all I'll be looking for in my search. Up next, wedding site reviews... tah for now!

c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment